Welcome to the second instalment of my blogger of the month series. It’s a way for you to get to meet the people behind some of the blogs that I enjoy.
You may remember Joanie and Sazzy from my Blogger swap box post. That was a lot of fun! For anyone who doesn’t know them, S & J blog over at The Cozy Den so go and check them out if you haven’t already!
1. What’s the link for your blog and how would you describe it in a couple of sentences?
This is our blog! We’d say that our blog is a creative outlet for everything we, two 22/21 year-old German girls/women (what even are we? Young adults?!), are interested or passionate about. So what you’ll find there is a wild mix of fashion, beauty, lifestyle, food, books, TV shows, personal stuff… the list goes ooooon and oooon!
2. Have you always enjoyed writing, or did you only start recently?
Both of us always enjoyed writing stories for school assignments but never wrote outside of an academic environment, so the blog is something new and fun for us to do and we enjoy it a lot (even though at times it can be stressful with uni or when we’re doing a blog post each day of the month)
3. What’s one of your favourite posts from your blog, and why?
Funnily enough, neither of the two we chose are online yet because they are quite personal and we haven’t put them online yet (will do though after exam season). So our favourite one that is online is our second ever post which is a review of the Jelly&Gelato range by Zoella. You can find it here.
. It is our favourite because it’s the one we met up for and took the pictures and everything together which was a lot of fun (we sadly haven’t had the time for that ever since).
4. How do you make sure that you don’t run out of ideas? Where do you get most of your inspiration?
We are two people, so that helps 😀 Other than that, we draw from our personal lives and experiences or get inspired by other bloggers. And there are always new fun recipes or products you can try and share your thoughts about!
5. What would you say is the best thing about blogging?
Doing this together? Very cheesy, but true. And friendships in general. We’ve made many new friends within the blogging community who also like to share their thoughts and feelings and be creative!
6. What’s one of your most popular posts? Why do you think people liked it so much?
The most viewed (and possibly liked) one is J.’s review of the British Rose Range by The Body Shop. Probably because The Body Shop’s products are amazing? 😀
7. If you were asked to put together a beauty and lifestyle box with 4 products inside, which favourite items would you put in?
(Each of us is putting in 2 items)
S.: I’d go for The Body Shop’s Tea Tree toner and the book ‘The Alchemist’ by Paulo Coelho.
J.: I would put in a Fitbit Charge 2 and a highlighter from Tanya Burr Cosmetics.
There you go, the ultimate Cozy Den Box by Joanie and Sazzy!
8. What’s one thing you wouldn’t have done or learned if you hadn’t started a blog?
It takes up much more time than we thought! We really do struggle keeping up with social media and the pictures. But it is part of the challenge and we enjoy taking it on!
9. Have you ever bought anything because a blogger was talking about it?
Guilty as charged.
10. What type of posts do you most enjoy writing? What type of posts do you find hard to write?
We enjoy everything? S. loves writing about books and TV series (S.: I get so into them and can’t contain my excitement!). Same goes for J. but in the end it’s also food and beauty and everything 😀
The harder ones are the ones that are more personal or the ones where you need to pay attention to political correctness as to not offend anyone (we want our blog to be a safe spot for everyone) and also the ones for Blogmas or Blogtober where we had to think of childhood memories (it’s so hard!).
11. Have you read any good books lately?
Yes, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (10/10 would recommend, very inspiring) and Atonement by Ian McEwan (10/10 would recommend, very gripping).
12. Online shopping or going to the shops – which do you prefer and why?
We both agree on this one: it depends on the circumstances. Shopping with friends? Let’s go to the shops! Shopping alone? Let me stay in my cave and put a lot of items in my bag only to delete them later on because the order is getting too expensive!
13. What’s a trend that you think should stay in 2017 – something you hope will go away this year?
Glitter lips and feather brows. Byeee! We’re not feeling either. We also heard that loon trousers (we hope this is the right word, we’re Germans after all and sometimes Google is all we have – we’re talking the opposite of skinny jeans) are coming back and honestly, we hope they don’t.
14. If you were in a hurry and only had time to apply 3 make-up products, what would they be?
Funnily enough, again we agree on the exact same things: concealer, mascara and bronzer!
15. What do you need for the perfect night in?
J.: The Mentalist, pizza and cosy clothes.
S.: Netflix, tea and cosy clothes.
16. What’s one thing that you would like to do this year?
J.: Moving in with my boyfriend!
S.: Travelling the UK!
Thanks Sazzy and Joanie for answering my questions and I hope that J’s move goes well and that S’ holiday is a lot of fun! Looking forward to your next posts and to everyone else, don’t forget to go and check out the Cozy Den!
More from Unseen Beauty
If you’d like to get my catch-up emails, usually twice a week, you can sign up using this form.
The emails contain news of my new posts, other things that I’ve enjoyed (podcasts, posts from other bloggers, interesting articles etc), and any UK shopping deals or discounts that I think my readers might like.