So, it’s time for the next instalment of my “Blogger of the month” series and today I’m talking to Emma from the Emma Edit. I got to know Emma’s posts through her Blogs in Bloom Facebook group, and she writes on a wide range of topics from food to homeware to travel posts. It was also Emma who gave me the idea for the chocolate subscription! Here are Emma’s answers to my questions:
1. What’s the link for your blog and how would you describe it in a couple of sentences?
You can find me here.
I started my blog over a year ago now, my, how time flies! I could never decide on a niche for my blog, so I decided to blog about a wide range of topics that are of interest to me. My favourite things to write about include: beauty, blogging tips, fashion, lifestyle, out and about and recipes- phew!
2. Have you always enjoyed writing, or did you only start recently?
I used to enjoy writing a lot when I was a teenager; I remember I used to love writing poetry and short stories. My blog is the only thing I write at the moment, though.
3. What’s one of your favourite posts from your blog, and why?
Can I pick more than one, please? My favourite posts are titled ‘My Home: One Year On’ and ‘Holiday In Ibiza’ because they are the most personal to me- they are really nice to look back on as they bring back memories.
4. How do you make sure that you don’t run out of ideas? Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I had an almost blogging break in February because we all run out of inspiration sometimes. If you feel like you need a break, have one- it will benefit you more in the long-run. But apart from that, a friend and other bloggers inspire me to keep going.
5. What would you say is the best thing about blogging?
As a person who’s never really had a hobby before, I’m proud to say my blog is my hobby!
6. What’s one of your most popular posts? Why do you think people liked it so much?
My most popular post is the one where I talk about my Facebook group, Blogs In Bloom; this post is most popular because I upload it once a month to reach new followers. I have a haul post which includes homeware, beauty and fashion items- this is my 2nd most viewed post.
7. If you were asked to put together a beauty and lifestyle box with 4 products inside, which favourite items would you put in?
It’s so difficult just to pick 4 items! 1) a cute leather purse, 2) Benefit Roller Lash Mascara 3) a fancy candle 4) Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser.
8. What’s one thing you wouldn’t have done or learned if you hadn’t started a blog?
Honestly, I have already learnt so much along the way with this blogging journey! Even just learning how to use WordPress is an achievement on its own.
9. Have you ever bought anything because a blogger was talking about it?
Good question! I always read blog posts by others and lust over the pictures, and appreciate a good write up. I have a mental wishlist, but I don’t think I have bought anything recommended by a blogger- yet!
10. What type of posts do you most enjoy writing? What type of posts do you find hard to write?
I love working with brands, but I find those posts most difficult to write because I want everything to be just right. My favourite posts to write are lifestyle and spontaneous posts that you can’t wait to write.
11. Have you read any good books lately?
Reading is definitely a seasonal activity for me that I like to do in the summer- you can’t beat taking a book outside in the sun! I’m a sucker for a girly love story, so I loved reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes last summer.
12. Online shopping or going to the shops – which do you prefer and why?
I like to browse online, but I like to make my purchases in store. It’s just nice to get out of the house, isn’t it?
13. What’s a trend that you think should stay in 2017 – something you hope will go away this year?
I honestly know nothing about trends, so I can’t answer this question- sorry!
14. If you were in a hurry and only had time to apply 3 make-up products, what would they be?
For me, it’s got to be: 1) eyebrow pencil, 2) mascara, 3) liquid lipstick
15. What do you need for the perfect night in?
I love a night in (every night!). A relaxing bath, a glass of wine, chocolate, music and candles make a night in perfect for me.
16. What’s one thing that you would like to do this year?
When the weather warms up, I am going to be on a mission to get out and about and visit lots of new places.
Thanks Emma for answering my questions and I enjoyed getting to know you a bit better through this post.
Don’t forget to check out Emma’s blog, and for those of you who are bloggers, I can definitely recommend her group. It’s one of the most friendly places on the internet when it comes to bloggers getting together, encouraging, and helping each other out.
More from Unseen Beauty
If you’d like to get my catch-up emails, usually twice a week, you can sign up using this form.
The emails contain news of my new posts, other things that I’ve enjoyed (podcasts, posts from other bloggers, interesting articles etc), and any UK shopping deals or discounts that I think my readers might like.