Well, it’s been a while since I did a Latest in Beauty post – my last one was in September so I decided to do another one.
The thing with this box, and one of the reasons I enjoy reading these, is that everyone’s box is different because you choose your own items from a list of over 150 products. New products are added as other ones sell out. If you don’t choose your products, I believe they are picked for you, but I always do mine on the day my payment goes through, because having the choice to pick the products I want is one of the big selling points for this box.
You can choose 3, 6 or 9 products, and I get the 9 product box, which cost me £18.
The header picture shows my April products – minus the sun cream, which was already in my bag. The make-up bag did not come with these products – I was just using it to store them. I’ve added links to the products on other sites because they are only available on Latest in Beauty while stocks last. If I got a sample, I will mention it, but probably link to the full-size product if that’s all I could find!
Originally I used this box to try new and exciting products every month. Now, I also use it to stock up on basic things that I need, as well as to get some old favourites again, if I liked them more than some of the new offerings.
So here’s what I got!
- 7th Heaven Strengthen Nail & Cuticle Finger Masques – I actually prefer the glove masks, but when they aren’t available, these finger masks are good too. It’s a bit of a faff to get the second hand into the finger holes because you can’t use your other hand, but it is good for moisturising your cuticles and I particularly like to use these after I’ve used nail varnish remover.
- Sun Beauty Velvet Milk SPF30 for the body and Sun Beauty Velvet Touch Cream SPF30 for the face Duo – I got this because I was so glad to see some actual sun protection in amongst all the self tanning stuff that I will never use! These are fairly small samples, but I thought they would be perfect for my handbag – those times when you get caught out in the sun. However, SPF30 is lower than I would normally use, and I don’t think the face cream applied that well. Maybe the ingredients didn’t react well to the other products I had on, but I need a sun cream to be able to cope with a bit of moisturiser underneath without going flaky. So I didn’t hate it, but I wouldn’t get it again. An yes, I did give it time between the products.
- Wileda Pomegranate Body Lotion – yes I’ve had this before, but I got it because I like this rich and creamy lotion and the pomegranate scent. This was a sample size, whereas the link is to the full product.
- Garnier pomegranate Tissue Mask – staying with the pomegranate theme – this is also something I have had before, but it’s cheaper than buying it from Boots, when it’s not on a deal. This mask smells great and does leave your face feeling really hydrated. However there is a lot of serum in there, so I find it’s best to do it lying down or you will have serum dripping everywhere! Generous to the point of too generous, but it is a nice mask!
- Organyc round pads – I got these because I was running low on cotton pads and these are biodegradable. I also hate it when the pads come apart when you’re getting them out, and these ones don’t. The fact that they’re sturdy and robust makes them easier to work with, and they’re not littering up the planet when I’m done with them.
- Lavera Hydro Effect Serum – it’s good to see some more organic skincare in the Latest in Beauty Edit. I’ve had mixed experiences with Lavera – I loved the night cream, was happy with the lipsticks and absolutely hated the highlighter! So this was a bit of a gamble, but I was happy with the results and unlike some serums that you get in the LIB box, this was a decent size – I believe full size. It’s intended to protect your skin against environmental pollutants, and give you fresher and more radiant skin. This is a decent size and will take a while to use up, but it’s something that I would buy again, and it can be worn under make-up as it’s not oily.
- VineActiv Serum from Caudalie – this is a more expensive serum, and as such, the sample is smaller. It has the typical Caudalie plant smell, and is intended as an anti-wrinkle serum, which will come in handy for my frown lines! It absorbs quickly, so can be used morning and evening.
- Caudalie Micellar Water – I wanted to try out some different micellar waters and this was a travel size, which I thought would be great for going away – because who wants 200ml of micellar water when you’re just going away for a couple of days? The micellar water works as well as any other really and it smells the same as the serum. I quite like it, but if you want a scentless one, this isn’t for you!
- Twelfth Night Palette – I can’t give you a review of this palette because I bought it for a giveaway. If you want to win this and some other make-up and skincare products, make sure you either subscribe to the blog or sign up for the emails so that you know when the Summer giveaway is happening!
So all in all, some new things, some useful things, and just one that I wouldn’t get again – the sun cream that left me a bit underwhelmed.
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? Do you get Latest in Beauty? If you’ve done any reviews or Youtube videos, you’re welcome to drop your links in the comments.
More from Unseen Beauty
If you’d like to get my catch-up emails, usually twice a week, you can sign up using this form.
The emails contain news of my new posts, other things that I’ve enjoyed (podcasts, posts from other bloggers, interesting articles etc), and any UK shopping information that I think my readers might like.
This post contains some affiliate links, but I only promote things that I’ve tried and tested.
You can get £10 off your first Feel Unique order by going onto the site using my affiliate link. This offer is open to new customers only, and the minimum spend is £30. So basically you can get £30 of products for £20. This is an affiliate link, so I also get a reward – in this case it’s £10 worth of products, which I will use to buy new things to test out on Unseen Beauty.