Any regular readers of this blog will know that I am a fan of the Body Shop! I picked up a few things from there recently and would like to tell you about the three Christmas ranges this year, represented by a fox, an owl and a reindeer, who are also featured on the advent calendars.
As well as a number of gift sets, there is no reason why you can’t make up your own with products that you know someone will like – either from the traditional ranges, or the special Christmas ones.
This year there are three festive scents – berry bon bon, vanilla marshmallow, and peppermint candy cane. I had a sniff of them all, and decided that I liked the vanilla one most, though I am sad that they haven’t brought back my favourite spiced apple one, or tried something citrusy.
Anyway, I bought the body lotion in vanilla marshmallow, which is thinner than the body butters and although you can smell the vanilla, it isn’t overpowering. There was a “buy one, get one half price” offer on at the same time, so I picked up the shower gel as well. On the way to the till, S noticed the little owl bath bomb (they do them in all three animal designs), so I got one of those too.
The berry bon bon one is a bit like a Christmas trifle, and it’s more suited to people who like sweet scents. I got something from this range in my advent calendar today, and it is something I would use, although I liked the other one more. To be honest there isn’t much from the Body Shop that I wouldn’t use – it’s just a case of which scents you prefer.
I smelled the candy cane one, but didn’t pick up anything from the range – partly because they didn’t have any minis, and partly because I am not sure about wanting to smell of peppermint all day. It’s nice enough though, especially if you want something fresh rather than sweet.
You can get gift sets, such as the festive sack, which contains 4 minis from a scent range such as the marshmallow festive sack. Or, if you know someone likes the body butters, you can give them the chance to try all three with the body butter trio.
I’d also heard some really good things about the vitamin C skin reviver, so I picked one up. I think this is now my new favourite primer. It goes on after moisturising, helps to revive dull skin, and you can then apply your make-up straight on top. Skincare had a 3 for 2 offer, so I picked up another bottle of the eye make-up remover and although I really wish they’d put it in a pump bottle not a tub, the vitamin C glow-boosting moisturiser.
At the time of writing, the Body Shop has 30% off if you use the code 14664 – exclusions apply. It’s a perfect time to get any stocking-fillers or gifts for your Body Shop-loving friend or relative!
Have you tried any of these products? Which is your favourite?
Advent calendar unboxing
Throughout Blogmas I’ll be unboxing my two advent calendars from Glossybox and the Body Shop and giving a brief product review.
Body Shop – today it was something from the berry bon bon range – a 50ml body butter. These sizes are perfect to test out a scent and see what you think of it, and I’ll be trying mine out after my cycling session later.
Glossybox – today I got a deluxe mini of the Philip Kingsley body-building conditioner. I’ve had hair treatments from this brand before, but I haven’t tried any of their conditioners. It contains wheat protein to strengthen the hair and also promises to detangle and add shine, so I look forward to trying it out.
Unseen Beauty Blogmas Giveaway
Today you have another chance to enter my Unseen Beauty Blogmas giveaway. There will be a box with 10 prizes from the Glossybox and Body Shop advent calendars, and the prizes will be revealed throughout December. You can enter once on each Blogmas 2018 page, which means you have up to 24 chances of winning. You can enter at any time from when the page goes live to the end of December 2018.
Multiple entries on the same page will not be counted – I have a spreadsheet to log them!
Your answers to the questions will help me to get to know my readers and where they are based. Also, they prove that you’re a real person as I don’t use inaccessible widgets on my site.
The giveaway is international, but if postal restrictions prevent me from sending a product to your country, I will replace it with an alternative.
The form only goes to me.
What’s in the box?
- Huda Beauty Winter solstice palate Featuring one pearlescent creamy formula and three icy pressed pearl powders.
- Spa of the World® French grapeseed body scrub from the Body Shop.
Products 3-10 coming soon!
Giveaway entry form
Terms and conditions
- The give-away is open until 23:59 on 31st December 2018, and I’ll draw the winner on 2nd January 2019.
- I will give each entry a number and then draw the winner by asking Siri to generate a random number. I want to make it as easy and accessible as possible for people to enter.
- Your email address is being collected solely for the purpose of contacting you if you win the prize. You are welcome to sign up to my newsletter at the same time, but this isn’t necessary to take part in the give-away. If you do not win the prize, your email address will only be stored if you have signed up to the newsletter or asked for your entry to be carried over to the next give-away.
- I will email the winner on 2nd January to ask for their address so that I can send the prize. The winner will have 7 days in which to respond. If they haven’t responded after 7 days, I will draw a new winner.
- No cash alternatives are available and the winner is responsible for checking product ingredients for any known allergens)
This post may contain affiliate links.