Christmas markets have been becoming increasingly popular over the last few years. I originally know them from Germany, but a lot of towns in the UK have them too.
Today is our anniversary, and S and I have a tradition now which means we both take the day off and spend it together.
We went for lunch in Salisbury, where we also visited the Christmas market. Unlike many of the markets around, the one in Salisbury is open until January – so if you get to the point where everything else has all packed up and you still want to go to a Christmas market, Salisbury is a good choice.
We didn’t actually eat at the Christmas market, which is held in the town square, but there are food options available if you want to.
I tasted my way through another cheese stand, and picked up delicious things such as rioja cheese, cheese with chives, and Christmas cheese (with cinnamon and fruit).
There was a stall with cool candles made to look like desserts, and a bunch of bath stuff. I managed to restrain myself there, but did pick up a bottle of the orange body lotion from Hive Originals, whom we first met at a chilli festival.
We also stopped at the chocolate shop, where you can find all kinds of tools and objects made out of chocolate. On another stall we picked up a couple of snowman lollies made out of chocolate too.
On the way back to the car, there was a stall selling flowers and Christmas greenery, so we picked up some pine sprigs as a table decoration.
Have you been to any Christmas markets this year? If so, where did you go and what did you do or buy there?
Advent calendar unboxing
Throughout Blogmas I’ll be unboxing my two advent calendars from Glossybox and the Body Shop and giving a brief product review.
Body Shop – I don’t usually use face mists, but today we got a rose face mist which is supposed to leave your body feeling refreshed with a dewy glow. Maybe more something for the Summer than December? Don’t know, but I’m happy to give it a go!
Glossybox – I can’t review this product because I’m giving it to someone as a gift, but it’s a full-size Pixie blusher, which is something we haven’t seen in the calendar so far and I think it’s a good thing to put in there.
Unseen Beauty Blogmas Giveaway
Today you have another chance to enter my Unseen Beauty Blogmas giveaway. There will be a box with 10 prizes from the Glossybox and Body Shop advent calendars, and the prizes will be revealed throughout December. You can enter once on each Blogmas 2018 page, which means you have up to 24 chances of winning. You can enter at any time from when the page goes live to the end of December 2018.
Multiple entries on the same page will not be counted – I have a spreadsheet to log them!
Your answers to the questions will help me to get to know my readers and where they are based. Also, they prove that you’re a real person as I don’t use inaccessible widgets on my site.
The giveaway is international, but if postal restrictions prevent me from sending a product to your country, I will replace it with an alternative.
The form only goes to me.
What’s in the box?
- Huda Beauty Winter solstice palate Featuring one pearlescent creamy formula and three icy pressed pearl powders.
- Spa of the World® French grapeseed body scrub from the Body Shop.
- Black eye liner pencil from the Body Shop
- An eye make-up brush from the Body Shop something will be coming later to go with that!
- Real Techniques expert face brush
- MUA Cosmic Vixen palette with 15 eye shadows.
- Karmameju konjac sponge
- Luxie Beauty highlighter brush
Products 9 and 10 coming soon!
Giveaway entry form
Terms and conditions
- The give-away is open until 23:59 on 31st December 2018, and I’ll draw the winner on 2nd January 2019.
- I will give each entry a number and then draw the winner by asking Siri to generate a random number. I want to make it as easy and accessible as possible for people to enter.
- Your email address is being collected solely for the purpose of contacting you if you win the prize. You are welcome to sign up to my newsletter at the same time, but this isn’t necessary to take part in the give-away. If you do not win the prize, your email address will only be stored if you have signed up to the newsletter or asked for your entry to be carried over to the next give-away.
- I will email the winner on 2nd January to ask for their address so that I can send the prize. The winner will have 7 days in which to respond. If they haven’t responded after 7 days, I will draw a new winner.
- No cash alternatives are available and the winner is responsible for checking product ingredients for any known allergens)
This post may contain affiliate links.